Terms and Conditions
Trading terms and conditions of Meterlube Systems Ltd
These terms and conditions are the contract between you and Meterlube Systems Ltd (“us”, “we”, etc). By purchasing from us, you agree to be bound by them.
We are Meterlube Systems Ltd, a company registered in UK, number 03148120. Our trading address is 28 Snowbell Road, Ashford, Kent TN23 3NF.
The terms and conditions:
In this agreement:
“Carrier” means any person or business contracted by us to carry Goods from us to you.
“Content” means any material in any form published on Our Website by us or any third party with our consent.
“Goods” means any of the goods we offer for sale on Our Website, or, if the context requires, goods we sell to you.
“Incoterm” means pre-defined commercial terms published by the International Chamber of Commerce to describe a specific action or situation.
“Our Website” means any website of ours, and includes all web pages controlled by us.
In this agreement unless the context otherwise requires:
- a reference to one or more individuals, whether or not formally in partnership, or to a corporation, government body, or other association or organisation.
- these terms and conditions apply to all supplies of Goods by us to any customer. They prevail over any terms proposed by you.
- any agreement by either party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some other person to do or omit to do that same thing;
- Except where stated otherwise, any obligation of any person arising from this agreement may be performed by any other person;
- in this agreement references to a party include references to a person to whom those rights and obligations are transferred or passed as a result of a merger, division, reconstruction or other re-organisation involving that party.
- the headings to the paragraphs and schedules (if any) to this agreement do not affect the interpretation;
- a reference to an act or regulation includes new law of substantially the same intent as that act or regulation.
- in any indemnity, a reference to costs or expenses shall be construed as including the estimated cost of management time of the indemnified party, such cost calculated £50 per hour.
- these terms and conditions apply in any event to you as a buyer or prospective buyer of our Goods and so far as the context allows, to you as a visitor to Our Website.
- this agreement is made only in the English language. If there is any conflict in meaning between the English language version of this agreement and any version or translation of this agreement in any other language, the English language version shall prevail.
3. Our contract with you
- This agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all previous agreements and understandings between the parties.
- Each party acknowledges that, in entering into this agreement, he does not rely on any representation, warranty, information or document or other term not forming part of this agreement.
- If you use Our Website in any way and make an order on behalf of another person, you warrant that you have full authority to do so and you accept personal responsibility for every act or omission by you.
- Because we rely on our suppliers, we do not guarantee that Goods advertised on Our Website are available.
- The price of Goods may be changed by us at any time. We will never change a price so as to affect the price charged to you at the time when you buy those Goods.
- We may change these terms from time to time. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on Our Website on the day you order Goods.
- If in future, you buy Goods from us under any arrangement which does not involve your payment via Our Website; these terms still apply so far as they can be applied.
- We do not sell the Goods in all countries. We may refuse to deliver the Goods if you live in a country we do not serve.
4. Acceptance of your order
- Your order is an offer to buy from us. Nothing that we do or say will amount to any acceptance of that offer until we actually dispatch the Goods to you. At any point up until then, we may decline to supply the Goods to you without giving any reason.
- Your order is an offer to buy from us. We shall accept your order by [e-mail confirmation]. That is when our contract is made. Our message will also confirm details of your purchase and tell you when we shall despatch your order.
- If we do not have all of the Goods you order in stock, we will offer you alternatives. If this happens you may:
- accept the alternatives we offer;
- cancel all or part of your order;
5. Price and Payment
- The price payable for the Goods that you order will be as quoted by our sales team unless agreed otherwise.
- It is possible that the price may have increased from previous quotes. If that happens, we will not despatch the Goods until you have confirmed that you wish to buy at the new price.
- Prices include UK value added tax. If you show by your delivery address that you reside outside the United Kingdom, VAT will be deducted at the payment point.
- If the item you order is available in parts, you must pay us the full price of your order before we will send any part of it.
- Banking charges by the receiving bank on payments to us will be borne by us. All other charges relating to payment in a currency other than pounds Sterling will be borne by you.
- Any information given by us in relation to exchange rates are approximate only and may vary from time to time.
- If, by mistake, we have under-priced the Goods, we will not be liable to supply those Goods to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we dispatch these to you.
- The price of the Goods does not include the delivery charge which will be charged at the rates applicable at the date you place your order and agreed before we ask you to pay.
- If we owe you money (for any reason), we will credit you in the from of a credit note as soon as reasonably practicable but in any event no later than 14 days from the date when we acknowledge that repayment is due.
6. Security of your credit card
We take care to make payment by credit or debit card safe for you to use.
- Card payments are not processed through pages controlled by us. We use one or more online payment service providers who will encrypt your card or bank account details in a secure environment.
- If you have asked us to remember your credit card details in readiness for your next purchase or subscription, we will securely store your payment details on our systems. These details will be fully encrypted and only used to process your automatic monthly payments or other transactions which you have initiated.
7. Payment on running credit account
This paragraph applies only if credit facilities have been granted to you.
- Payment is due to reach our account within 30 days of the date shown on our invoice to you unless agreed otherwise. Kindly note that your cheque may take some days to clear.
- On request, we will supply details of our bank account so as to enable you to pay directly via the Internet or BACS.
- Our accounting system will automatically charge interest to your account after the due date, at the rate of 5 percent per month.
- If money due remains overdue after one month, unless agreed otherwise, the rate we charge will be 15%. You agree that this does not represent a penalty but is a reasonable estimate of the loss incurred by us as a result of not having the money.
8. Delivery and pick up
- Goods are delivered within 4-6 weeks from the day you place an order to purchase the Goods should the Goods be out of stock and 3-7 working days for Goods in stock.
- Deliveries will be made by the Carrier to the address stipulated in your order. You must ensure that someone is present to accept delivery.
- If we are not able to deliver your Goods within 4-6 weeks of the date of your order, we shall notify you by e-mail to arrange another date for delivery.
- We may deliver the Goods in instalments if they are not all available at the same time for delivery.
- Goods are sent at our risk until signed for by you or by any other person at the address you have given to us.
- All Goods must be signed for on delivery by an adult aged 18 years or over. If no one of that age is at the address when the delivery is attempted the Goods may be retained by the driver. When your Goods arrive it is important that you check immediately the condition and quantity. If your Goods have been damaged in transit, you must refuse the delivery and immediately contact us so that we may despatch a replacement quickly and minimise your inconvenience.
- Signing "Unchecked", "Not Checked" or similar is not acceptable.
- Goods are sent by courier or post. We will send you a message by email to tell you when we have despatched your order.
- If we agree with you to deliver on a particular day or at a particular time, we will do our best to comply. But no time given is to be treated as contractual. So we are not liable to you for any expense or inconvenience you incur on account of delayed delivery or non-delivery.
- Some Goods will be delivered direct from the manufacturer who may contact you to arrange delivery. When delivery of the Goods has been arranged directly with the manufacturer, you will be subject to the manufacturer's delivery policy.
- Some Goods are so large and heavy that delivery times may be slightly longer. In this case, approximate delivery dates will be given when you place your order.
- Time for delivery specified on the order, if any, is an estimate only and time shall not be of the essence.
- We are happy for you to pick up Goods from our premises provided you make an appointment in advance and payment has been received into our bank. A cheque on arrival is not acceptable.
- If you pick up Goods from our premises then:
- we will not be able to assist you in loading heavy items;
- Goods are at your risk from the moment they are picked up by you or your Carrier from our premises;
- you agree that you are responsible for everything that happens after you take possession of the Goods, both on and off our premises, including damage to property of any sort, belonging to any person.
Unless otherwise agreed, The Goods will be delivered as follows:
- EXW – Ex Works at (named place of delivery).
- All rights, obligations, conditions and matters relating to the above Incoterm shall apply to this contract. So far as any cost is not allocated by the relevant Incoterm, it shall be payable by you.
- You will pay any handling and shipping or other incidental costs and expenses we have incurred or will incur in relation to the Goods.
10. Foreign taxes and duties
- If you are not in the UK, we have no knowledge of, and no responsibility for, the laws in your country.
- You are responsible for purchasing Goods which you are lawfully able to import and for the payment of import duties and taxes of any kind levied in your country.
11. Liability for subsequent defects
- We will repair or replace the Goods showing a defect in the following circumstances:
- the defect is reported to us within 7 days of purchase;
- the defect results only from faulty design or manufacture;
- you have returned the defective Goods or parts to us if we have so requested.
- If we agree that we are liable, we will refund the cost of return carriage and will repair or replace the Goods free of charge.
- If we repair or replace Goods, you have no additional claim against us either under this agreement or by statute or common law, in respect of the defect.
12. Goods returned
These provisions apply in the event that you return any Goods to us for any reason:
- We do not accept returns unless there was a defect in the Goods at the time of purchase or we have agreed in correspondence that you may return them.
- The Goods must be returned to us as soon as any defect is discovered but not later than 14 days
- So far as possible, Goods should be returned:
- with both Goods and all packaging as far as possible in their original condition;
- securely wrapped;
- including our delivery slip;
- at your risk and cost.
- You must tell us by email message to firstname.lastname@example.org that you would like to return Goods, specifying exactly what Goods and when purchased, and giving full details of the defect or other reason for return. We will then issue a returns note. If you send Goods to us without a returns note, we may not be able to identify sufficient details to enable us to attend to your complaint.
- In returning faulty Goods please enclose with it a note clearly stating the fault and when it arises or arose.
- Some of the Goods are covered by the manufacturer's guarantee for a minimum of 12 months. Please first check the plug, fuse, batteries and the manufacturer's operating instructions.
- If delivery was made to a UK address, you are also protected by the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
- If we agree that the Goods are faulty, we will:
- refund the cost of return carriage;
- repair or replace the Goods as we choose.
- The law differs from one country to another. This paragraph applies so far as the applicable law allows.
- All the conditions, warranties or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded from this agreement to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We or our Content suppliers may make improvements or changes to Our Website, the Content, or to any of the Goods, at any time and without advance notice.
- You are advised that Content may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. This is inevitable in any large website. We would be grateful if you bring to our immediate attention, any that you find.
- We give no warranty and make no representation, express or implied, as to:
- the quality of the Goods;
- any implied warranty or condition as to merchantability or fitness of the Goods for a particular purpose;
- the correspondence of the Goods with any description;
- the adequacy or appropriateness of the Goods for your purpose;
- the accuracy of any Content on Our Website;
- non-infringement of any right.
- We are not liable in any circumstances for special, indirect or consequential loss or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, loss of data or loss of revenues or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with your use of Our Website or the purchase of Goods.
- In any event, our liability under this contract is limited, to the maximum extent permitted by law, to the value of the Goods you have purchased.
14. Your account with us
- You agree that you have provided, and will continue to provide accurate, up to date, and complete information about yourself. We need this information to provide you with the Goods.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and for preventing any unauthorised person from using your account.
- You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. You should tell us immediately if you believe some person has accessed your account without your authority.
15. Intellectual property
- We will defend the intellectual property rights in connection with our Goods and Our Website, including copyright in the Content whether provided by us or by any other content provider (including copyright in: text, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data, and software).
- Except as set out below, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part.
- You may not use our name or logos or trademarks or any other Content on any website of yours or that of any other person.
- Subject to the other terms of this agreement, you may download or copy Content only for your own personal use, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in it. You may not store electronically any significant portion of any Content.
You agree to indemnify us against all costs, claims and expense arising directly or indirectly from:
- your failure to comply with the law of any country;
- your breach of this agreement;
- any act, neglect or default by any agent, employee, licensee or customer of yours;
- a contractual claim arising from your use of the Goods;
17. Security of Our Website
- If you violate Our Website, we shall take legal action against you.
- You now agree that you will not, and will not allow any other person to:
- modify, copy, or cause damage or unintended effect to any portion of Our Website, or any software used within it.
- link to Our Website in any way that would cause the appearance or presentation of the site to be different from what would be seen by a user who accessed the site by typing the URL into a standard browser;
- collect or use any product listings, descriptions, or prices;
- collect or use any information obtained from or about Our Website or the Content except as intended by this agreement;
- aggregate, copy or duplicate in any manner any of the Content or information available from Our Website, other than as permitted by this agreement or as is reasonably necessary for your use of Our Website;
- share with a third party any login credentials to Our Website;
- Despite the above terms, we now grant a licence to you to:
- create a hyperlink to Our Website for the purpose of promoting an interest common to both of us. You can do this without specific permission. This licence is conditional upon your not portraying us or any goods in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark of ours as part of the link without our express written consent.
- you may copy the text of any page for your personal use in connection with the purpose of Our Website.
18. Miscellaneous matters
- So far as any time, date or period is mentioned in this agreement, time shall be of the essence.
- If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- The rights and obligations of the parties set out in this agreement shall pass to any permitted successor in title.
- No failure or delay by any party to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of it nor indicate any intention to reduce that or any other right in the future.
- Any communication to be served on either party by the other shall be delivered by hand or sent by first class post or recorded delivery or by e-mail.
- It shall be deemed to have been delivered:
- if delivered by hand: on the day of delivery;
- if sent by post to the correct address: within 72 hours of posting;
- If sent by e-mail to the address from which the receiving party has last sent e-mail: within 24 hours if no notice of non-receipt has been received by the sender.
- In the event of a dispute between the parties to this agreement, then they undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with the other in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- This agreement does not give any right to any third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 / Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) (Scotland) Act 2017 or otherwise.
- Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performance of this agreement which is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including any labour dispute between a party and its employees.
- In the event of any conflict between any term of this agreement and the provisions of the articles of a limited company or any comparable document intended to regulate any other corporate or collective body, then the terms of this agreement shall prevail.
The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales / Scotland / Northern Ireland and you agree that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in that country.